Tuesday's Tunes: A Double Feature featuring Fair Visions and Karaboudjan


 I am sharing not one...but two new tunes today because I needed a bit of a pick me up!

I just got home from two weeks' vacation...you know fun in the sun, playing in the Pacific Ocean, taking care of a kid with a stomach virus, figuring out who stole our credit card information and charged a bunch of crap on it...all the fun stuff.

Yes..all that stuff happened, and we are fine, and it was still a great vacation, but I am having a hard time getting myself back into ..you know...regular life. 

I chose these two songs for their fun and funky beats,  hopefully, they will get me moving and back on track of getting stuff done...like unpacking. 

First up is Karaboudjan...


From the Southern California-based indie-psych rocker Karaboudjan is his newest single Fallin Forwards. This is the fourth single off his debut solo album IMAGO, which is due out in September.
The artist shares that Falling Forwards is about: 

the frustrations of the creation of this project. I've played in countless bands, but have never released my own music. It's about being better late than never, and even then you're not truly certain if that's the right decision. Originally, I was searching for a vocalist that would fit this project, starting back in 2017, but nothing came to fruition. So it forced me to write my own vocals, which really helped to find the sound for Karaboudjan."

The single is lush and full of atmospheric instrumentation that backs up the rich echoing vocals, making the song a dreamy explosion of electronic danceable music





FAIR VISIONS " MODERN KIDS "


Love the 80's? Then you won't want to miss the new single from Fair Visions titled Modern Kids. This is the lead single off his Sophomore EP of the same name.

It is a throwback to the new wave-post punk movement 
of the '80s, loaded with spikey synths and icy-cool vocals, bringing back the hot summer nights of my teenage years listening to bands like Flock of Seagulls and Plimsouls




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can't Wait Wednesdays: Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo

Sunday Salon- More Hot Weather and More House Reno's

BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY : BEFORE PITTSBURGH BY KASIE WHITENER