Can't Wait Wednesdays: Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo


Can't-Wait Wednesday is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and gives us a chance to highlight books we are patiently waiting to fill up our TBRs with.

I love spooky season, not all the pumpkin spice items they now have that stock the grocery shelves, but the creepy books I can snuggle up with wearing a comfy sweater. Who am I kidding...it is still too warm here to wear a sweater in October.

Despite the sweltering 100 degrees weather here on the Oklahoma prairie, I am thinking about all the creepy and thrilling books I can stack my TBR list with, and Summer Sons is really close to the top of my list!


SUMMER SONS BY LEE MANDELO

Hardcover384 pages
Expected publication: September 28th, 2021 by Tordotcom

Andrew and Eddie did everything together, best friends bonded more deeply than brothers until Eddie left Andrew behind to start his graduate program at Vanderbilt. Six months later, only days before Andrew was to join him in Nashville, Eddie dies of an apparent suicide. He leaves Andrew a horrible inheritance: a roommate he doesn’t know, friends he never asked for, and a gruesome phantom with bleeding wrists that mutters of revenge.

As Andrew searches for the truth of Eddie’s death, he uncovers the lies and secrets left behind by the person he trusted most, discovering a family history soaked in blood and death. Whirling between the backstabbing academic world where Eddie spent his days and the circle of hot boys, fast cars, and hard drugs that ruled Eddie’s nights, the walls Andrew has built against the world begin to crumble, letting in the phantom that hungers for him.

Comments

  1. Nice pick! Mandelo writes some beautifully creepy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, this is my first from the author

      Delete
  2. Wow! That cover! This sounds really intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer Sons sounds perfect for Halloween, that cover is so creepy and beautiful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those spooky Halloween type books too. I'm not much for the pumpkin spice, but I do enjoy the creepy books. This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a pumpkin spice person either, thought I was the only one LOL

      Delete
  5. What a great cover! This sounds like a perfect Fall read. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "and a gruesome phantom with bleeding wrists that mutters of revenge" Okay creepy but I dig it 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything about it draws me in, I can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  7. I'm excited for this one as well! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, THAT cover! Eddie's secrets sound like they will make for a promising thriller!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is on my TBR, that cover is of course what grabbed me, but the story sounds so good! Great pick!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, that cover is so cool. The book sounds great too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Salon- More Hot Weather and More House Reno's

Sunday Salon: Diningroom is finished!