It's Monday What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. It’s a great post to organize yourself. It’s an opportunity to visit and comment and er… add to your groaning TBR pile! This meme by Kathryn at The Book Date
_____________________

I have come to terms with the fact that now until January I will not be reading as much as I thought I would LOL. We have one more holiday this month- Simchat Torah, and then I am also getting ready for an open house craft show at a friends workshop. I'm trudging along but at a slower pace...


WHAT I AM READING...


This book releases tomorrow- it's a horror or suspense, I am not sure. There are times when I am reading that I am soooo confused, the author changes narratives and you are not sure if you are reading now or a bit later...it is making reading very slow, and I am not even sure if I want to finish it, other than the curiosity of knowing how this sh*t show ends.



As you probably know once a month we are reading one of the TMI books in a re-read. We agreed to not read and meet to discuss City of Lost  Souls until November so we can get to all the spooky reads we want to read in October. But me being a HUGE Jace fan knows that this book centers on him, so I am reading anyway. To be fair, I am only reading a chapter a day so I can read my other books, but I found that I didn't want to wait to read it LOL. Who knows, I may still be reading when November hits


 

I just love this cover, it is so ethereal looking! Reading this on the kindle so
 it is only a night read, but I am loving it and may opt into reading it during the day this week to get it finished, I am dying to know what the big secret is that the main character is hiding.



I picked up this audiobook to read for a fall reading challenge, but later discovered it wasn't long enough. Too late, I was already invested in this re-telling of Sleeping Beauty. It is short and I will probably be finished with it today when I pick up my wool and start sewing. 

WHAT I READ...


Releasing tomorrow, if you are a regular reader of my Monday posts you know I had this book HYPED, well it lived up to all the hype I had hyped. A dark creepy Southern Gothic with a bit of Dark Academia, I loved it! You can read my review here




This book also releases tomorrow ( seems like a good release week ) A very heartwarming story of a man who lost his wife and his Christmas spirit and the single mom next door who helps him find it again. If you love Christmas Reads, you will love this one.


WHAT I AM READING NEXT:

Hardcover352 pages
Published July 13th 2021 by Berkley Books

THE FINAL GIRL SUPPORT GROUP BY GRADY HENDRIX

In horror movies, the final girl is the one who's left standing when the credits roll. The one who fought back defeated the killer, and avenged her friends. The one who emerges bloodied but victorious. But after the sirens fade and the audience moves on, what happens to her?

Lynnette Tarkington is a real-life final girl who survived a massacre twenty-two years ago, and it has defined every day of her life since. And she's not alone. For more than a decade she's been meeting with five other actual final girls and their therapist in a support group for those who survived the unthinkable, putting their lives back together, piece by piece. That is until one of the women misses a meeting and Lynnette's worst fears are realized--someone knows about the group and is determined to take their lives apart again, piece by piece.

But the thing about these final girls is that they have each other now, and no matter how bad the odds, how dark the night, how sharp the knife, they will never, ever give up.

Hardcover128 pages
Expected publication: October 19th 2021 by Nightfire

NOTHING BUT BLACKENED TEETH BY CASSANDRA KHAW

A Heian-era mansion stands abandoned, its foundations resting on the bones of a bride and its walls packed with the remains of the girls sacrificed to keep her company.

It’s the perfect wedding venue for a group of thrill-seeking friends.

But a night of food, drinks, and games quickly spirals into a nightmare. For lurking in the shadows is the ghost bride with a black smile and a hungry heart.

And she gets lonely down there in the dirt

THAT IS ALL FROM ME THIS WEEK...BE SURE TO DROP YOUR LINK IN THE COMMENTS SO I CAN DROP BY YOUR BLOG AND SEE WHAT YOU ARE READING!


Comments

  1. Great assortment of books. So many sound like they belong on my wishlist. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing THE BALLERINAS...hope it is good.

    Enjoy all of your books and your week.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice assortment of books.
    I have THE BALLERINAS and look forward to it.

    Have a great reading week.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great group of books. My daughter loved The Mortal Instruments series. I'm a fan of Sheila Roberts' books.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you enjoy your reading when you can squeeze it in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get frustrated when I have a lot of books I want to read and no time. Fall really does speed everything up.

    You've got some great reads coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love the range here lol!! I've got my eye on a few of these - great reads! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be trying to find a copy of A Little Christmas Spirit. I am participating in a Christmas reading challenge from Oct.-Dec. so will be trying to gather all the books I am going to read. I am posting on that tomorrow. Here is my link for this week: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy let me know if you can't and I will throw this in the mail for you

      Delete
  8. I read The Ballerina's and really enjoyed it. I loved the inside look into the Ballet scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look awesome- some horror, some Christmas. A nice mix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Mortal Instruments series. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can't Wait Wednesdays: Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo

Sunday Salon- More Hot Weather and More House Reno's

BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY : BEFORE PITTSBURGH BY KASIE WHITENER