TEASER TUESDAY: NOTHING BUT BLACKENED TEETH BY CASSANDRA KHAW


Welcome to Teaser Tuesday, the weekly Meme hosted by Ambrosia of The Purple Booker. We make it very easy to play along, it is as easy as 1, 2, 3!

1: Grab your current read
2: Open to a random page
3: Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.

Started my spooky season reads, maybe a bit soon, but who is counting right? Today I am sharing and starting a book that I have had for a month or so now, holding it back to read in this time. I am excited to share the teasers with you because they will be new to me also!


Hardcover128 pages
Expected publication: October 19th 2021 by Nightfire

NOTHIN BUT BLACKENED TEETH BY CASSANDRA KHAW

Just the cover is scary right? This is a Japanese horror story and if you have seen movies like The Ring you know they can bring on the creep...

Teaser 1...

" Talia has wanted to get married in a haunted house since she was a kid. I'm not going to take that away from her " He swallowed hard between each sentence, face calcified, " Not after what it took to get us here "

" I don't want to diminish Talia's wants and dreams here but someone has to say it." I tried to smile. " Which freaking kid grows up wanting to get married in a haunted house? I mean come on "

The shadows on the other side of the shoji screen receded into tongues of slow-swaying ink and Faiz couldn't look away...


Teaser Two...

It wasn't so much a library as much as it was an archive of corpses, manuscripts chewed up by the centuries, edges winnowed by insects. Their leather festered with mold, with mushrooms, wide-brimmed with fluted bodies, tiered like cheap apartments and blanched by the half-light. Some could barely be labeled as books anymore, their paper digested then regurgitated as building material. There were so many of them. Wasp ness, almost intestinal in look, built atop the remains of a termitarium, in inhabitants long dead. Suddenly, I was reminded of dried alveoli, pressed and preserved between glass, something an old girlfriend had shown off between kisses in the classroom.

SUMMARY...
A Heian-era mansion stands abandoned, its foundations resting on the bones of a bride and its walls packed with the remains of the girls sacrificed to keep her company.

It’s the perfect wedding venue for a group of thrill-seeking friends.

But a night of food, drinks, and games quickly spirals into a nightmare. For lurking in the shadows is the ghost bride with a black smile and a hungry heart.

And she gets lonely down there in the dirt.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? DROP YOUR LINK IN THE COMMENTS SO I CAN COME BY AND READ YOUR TEASERS, OR TELL ME WHAT SPOOKY BOOKS YOU HAVE ON YOUR LIST FOR OCTOBER....SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!

Comments

  1. OMG - creep-fest for sure. I saw this one and hadn't realized it was so short - I just may try it! I recommend The Last House on Needless Street; Catriona Ward - especially in audio if you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I no longer really read super creepy books and those teeth are enough to remind me why, LOL! I do need to read more fallish books...I do the Top Ten Post and here is my link: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/09/top-ten-tuesday-20-books-for-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitely creepy. I think I'd be sleeping with the lights on. I do usually read something creepy in October, but I haven't decided what yet. Mexican Gothic is slow burn creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes. Even that cover scared me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sound so utterly creepy and interesting! Great picks! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can't Wait Wednesdays: Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo

Sunday Salon- More Hot Weather and More House Reno's

BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY : BEFORE PITTSBURGH BY KASIE WHITENER