IT IS MONDAY, WHAT ARE YOU READING?



It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. It’s a great post to organize yourself. It’s an opportunity to visit and comment and er… add to your groaning TBR pile! This meme by Kathryn at The Book Date

WHAT I READ

Not much has changed since last week. But I did manage to get the audiobook I was listening to finished...


ANATOMY BY DANA SCHWARTZ

I am still processing my thoughts on this one, it was not what I thought, however, I did not hate it, I just am not sure if I really liked it!

WHAT I AM READING



LORE BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN

First, let me say I DO NOT LIKE LONG BOOKS. If it is past 400 pages I spend the bulk of my time checking to see how many more pages I have left. Yes, I know this is all in my head, and I am trying to remedy this by adding longer books to my reading. Well, Lore is the first since I have made that personal challenge and it is going slow. Not because I do not like the book, y'all know I love Greek Mythology, it's just sooo intimating to me, and it is NOT even that long, honestly, I have read longer. I refuse to carry this over into February so I am reading my little butt off today! I have about 200 pages to go...wish me luck LOL


THE NIGHT SHIFT BY ALEX FINLAY

Loving this thriller. I am reading this at night on my Kindle. We are having so much work on the house going on that by the time I hit the bed I read a few lines and fall asleep. I am hoping to get a quiet day soon so I can finish this up and start on a few others. I bet Net Galley wishes I would hurry and get things read also!

   WHAT I AM PLANNING TO READ



SOMETHINGS GUAVA GIVE BY CARRIE DOYLE

This is my next audiobook which I hope to start today while I am attempting to do some cleaning. 

Summary:

Plum Lockhart went out on a limb when she ditched her corporate job in New York City and moved to the Caribbean island of Paraiso. Now the head of her own villa broker agency, she spends her days chasing down clients and lounging on white-sand beaches.

But the sweet life turns sour when a publishing heiress is found dead at the mansion of eccentric tycoon Dieter Friedrich. Even worse, Plum's old colleague cashes in a favor and asks her to investigate. It looks like she'll need to fit a murder case into her already jam-packed schedule!

Friedrich is known for his shady dealings, but he's not the only bad apple on the island―Plum will have to contend with a scheming millionaire, a sleazy rockstar, and devious B-list celebrities. And joining Plum once again is Juan Kevin Munoz, the distractingly gorgeous Director of Security. Despite the sparks between them, they'll need to stay focused on the case―there's a murderer hot on their heels!


Right now that is all I have planned to read. I am thinking a light romance after finishing Lore, I got a really nice package from Read Forever Pub last week in the mail that included three romances, it might be a nice break from the intenseness of Greek Mythology!


DROP ME A LINK SO I CAN SEE WHAT YOU ARE READING THIS WEEK!!




Comments

  1. Your books all sound good. Since I read almost exclusively on my Kindle, I don't know how long a book is until I'm ready to add it to my reading spreadsheet. I have unknowingly read some really, really long books. Of course, I've also read some books that took forever that didn't actually have very many pages. It all depends how interested I am in the story. I loved The Night Shift when I read it. Your next audiobook sounds good too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not use to be intimidated by longer books either but recently just haven't wanted anything to do with them. I read one recently that was just over 400 pages and I did the same thing, kept looking to see how many more pages!! Good luck with Lore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these books sound wonderful. Since my reading time is so limited, I find I really have to love it in the first couple of chapters to continue if it is a long book.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so intimidated by long books too. When I request books, I try to look at the page count. But, if it's something I really want to read, i'll still read it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can't Wait Wednesdays: Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo

Sunday Salon- More Hot Weather and More House Reno's

BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY : BEFORE PITTSBURGH BY KASIE WHITENER