Book Review: The Girl From The Sea by Shalini Boland


 GOODREADS SUMMARY:

A chilling suspense story of wounded hearts and dark secrets. 

Washed up on the beach, she can’t remember who she is. She can’t even remember her name. Turns out, she has an idyllic life – friends, and family eager to fill in the blanks. 

But why are they lying to her? What don’t they want her to remember? 

When you don't even know who you are, how do you know who to trust?

TEE'S THOUGHTS:

I have always loved a book with an unreliable protagonist and boy do you get one with the new book The Girl From The Sea by Shalini Boland. Mia has washed up on a beach after an accident and has amnesia, she can not remember anything about her life or the accident.

I listened to The Girl From The Sea on audio and the narrator was entertaining, she showed the emotional rollercoaster of the story in her voice, and you could feel the dread that Mia felt not knowing who she was, and having to rely on others to basically tell her what type of person she was. Can you imagine what that would be like? Plus never knowing if they were telling the truth or maybe had something to do with the accident you were in?

I liked Mia, I felt for her, she knew nothing about herself or her life. She did not know how or why she ended up on that beach so she takes it upon herself to find out. 

The author does a fantastic job of building the suspense and while it is a bit of a slow burner, the writing keeps you turning pages and let us talk about twists... Just when I was confident I had this book all figured out, Boland slammed me against a wall, spinning me 180 degrees into a different direction..blowing everything I thought clean out of the water.

The Girl From The Sea is face-paced, twisty, and very entertaining. Great book for the summer.





Comments

  1. I really enjoy books that have an unreliable narrator too because you never know what might happen so this sounds like a very good read to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually like books with amnesia! Sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can't Wait Wednesdays: Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo

Sunday Salon- More Hot Weather and More House Reno's

BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY : BEFORE PITTSBURGH BY KASIE WHITENER