Teaser Tuesdays: The Maidens by Alex Michaelides


Welcome to Teaser Tuesday, the weekly Meme hosted by Ambrosia of The Purple Booker. We make it very easy to play along, it is as easy as 1, 2, 3!

1: Grab your current read
2: Open to a random page
3: Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.

We have picked The Maidens as our September Book club read and I will admit I just started it, even though it is not quite September. I have been wanting to read this since it came out and have been very patient all this time and could wait no longer !!


THE MAIDENS BY ALEX MICHAELIDES


" My mother is sitting me down to tell me the news. I know something is wrong because she has brought me into the front sitting room, the one we never use and sat me down on the uncomfortable wooden chair to break it to me.

I thought she was going to say she was dying, that she was terminally ill--that is what the look on her face led me to believe.

But it was much worse than that."
------------------------------------------------------------

"She was stuck, paralyzed- as Demeter had once been, when Hades kidnapped her beloved daughter Persephone and took her to the Underworld to be his bride. Demeter broke down-overwhelmed by grief. She refused to move or be moved. She simply sat and wept. All around her the nature world grieved with Demeter: summer turned to winter; day turned to night. The earth fell into mourning, or more accurately, melancholia."


Drop me a comment with your link so I can read your teaser...

Comments

  1. Such an intriguing teaser! I've been wanting to read this book but haven't gotten around to buying it yet. Maybe soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read The Maidens, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this book yet either, but it sounds interesting. Will look into it more. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I wonder what was that worse than event that she's going to learn of now! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can't Wait Wednesdays: Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo

Sunday Salon- More Hot Weather and More House Reno's

Sunday Salon: Diningroom is finished!