Sunday Salon: Pumpkin Patches


 The Sunday Salon is hosted by Readerbuzz

It's my favorite time of the year...I love the fall. The weather has turned cooler...kinda... it's now in the low 80's but the humidity has left the state and it makes it nice to get out.

We have kept busy and my reading is a bit slower, but I am ok with that, I am loving not being confined to the air conditioning of the house. We have heard from the siding company, and they are hoping to start on the house toward the end of the month if all goes ok getting everything. Keeping our fingers crossed on that!

We have continued to work on the butler's pantry. We have the cabinets painted, and started wallpapering, but somehow my husband miss measured and we had to reorder a run of paper, and that just came in yesterday, so we will be back at it this afternoon. I am loving my wallpaper, however, my mother thinks it is too wild LOL...





We have been watching a lot of TV...we usually are not big TV watchers, but you know Halloween. We watched the new Halloween Kills movie, which I was not a fan of, they totally disregarded 90 percent of the past movies, plus most nights we have watched older horror movies. We also watched the new Soprano movie The Many Saints of Newark, which I did enjoy ( I was a big Sopranos fan ). 
---------
Pumpkin Patches have taken over our weekends. Our 5-year-old grandson has decided he needed to visit one each weekend and who are we to tell him no. Last week we took him to a local one, where he rode his first pony. I think he was scared of it at first but in the end, he enjoyed the ride, he did tell us though, that he did not think he was just ready to get on one and ride all over the place LOL.



Yesterday we went out to a farm that had craft vendors, food vendors, several rides, a corn maze, etc. His favorite thing about the farm was a huge tunnel slide and a ride on a cow train. I enjoyed all the pumpkins and the yummy kettle corn they made



I have been reading, but not as much as usual, besides working on the house, I have also been doing some cross-stitching and wool applique. I am reading a true crime book ( for our monthly non-fiction challenge ) called Golden Boy and really enjoying it. I am not sure when I will be finished, I am not even trying to get anything read this month, and it has shown LOL...


I have also been listening to The Lighthouse by Christopher Parker, which is a mystery.



That is all I have this week, it's been a good and busy one. Be sure to leave your link so I can come by and see what you have been up to. See you next week!

Comments

  1. I love that wallpaper. You've given me the idea of wallpapering our pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wallpaper is GORGEOUS! And your butler's pantry looks great. I used to take my kids to pumpkin patches and they love them. We grew pumpkins in our garden 2 years ago and they were fun to grow too. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the wallpaper! I've also done my craft room's one wall with wallpaper and it took my days! But it did came out beautifully and I luckily did have enough.

    Have a good week and happy reading!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the wallpaper :)

    We watched Halloween Kills last night and wasn't all that thrilled with it. We also watched the new Sopranos movie. It was okay, but I was disappointed that it wasn't more about Tony. Still, it wasn't bad.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some times just call for less reading. My husband and I recently returned from a 9 day road trip. I read maybe 10 pages the entire time. There were just too many other things to see and do. Now that we are home, my reading has picked up again.

    I love the pictures of the pumpkin patches! They are always fun to visit, but especially when you have someone young along who will really enjoy it.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the wallpaper. I'm glad you are making progress on your work on the house. It certainly can be stressful.

    There are lots of pumpkin patches around here. It sounds like your grandson is getting to experience a lot of them.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute grandson. Many pumpkin patches to go to?! Wallpapering is quite a bit work, right? Good luck with it and have a great week. Thx for reaching out & finding my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that wallpaper is really busy but if you love it that is all that matters! I have not seen the new Halloween movie yet. Hope you enjoy the pumpkin patches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute pic of your grandson. I love this time of year as well, even the snow that follows! Wallpaper is becoming very popular again and, it's such a personal thing. Our previous home was mostly wallpaper I selected and when we sold it in 2008 - paint was in so we ended up hiring someone to take it down and repaint in neutral colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the cover of The Lighthouse. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can't Wait Wednesdays: Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo

Sunday Salon- More Hot Weather and More House Reno's

Sunday Salon: Diningroom is finished!