The Love Hypothesis Review

 


Synopsis 

When a fake relationship between scientists meets the irresistible force of attraction, it throws one woman's carefully calculated theories on love into chaos. 

As a third-year Ph.D. candidate, Olive Smith doesn't believe in lasting romantic relationships--but her best friend does, and that's what got her into this situation. Convincing Anh that Olive is dating and well on her way to a happily ever after was always going to take more than hand-wavy Jedi mind tricks: Scientists require proof. So, like any self-respecting biologist, Olive panics and kisses the first man she sees. 

That man is none other than Adam Carlsen, a young hotshot professor--and well-known ass. Which is why Olive is positively floored when Stanford's reigning lab tyrant agrees to keep her charade a secret and be her fake boyfriend. But when a big science conference goes haywire, putting Olive's career on the Bunsen burner, Adam surprises her again with his unyielding support and even more unyielding...six-pack abs. 

Suddenly their little experiment feels dangerously close to combustion. And Olive discovers that the only thing more complicated than a hypothesis on love is putting her own heart under the microscope.




Let me say that I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The banter between the characters were very cute and fun. Love the fake relationship. But It did have a couple things that kept it from a five star in my opinion. 1. the sex scene was odd to me. I’m not prude I’m actually one who enjoys some good smut but Something was off. Just the way certain things were described weren’t my bread and butter when sex comes Into play. I also thought it could have happened at a better part of the story. It came off as I’m mopey make me feel nester sex but I’m almost a virgin so I’m to tight for you. Instead of a moment that could’ve been use to grow the characters relationship. 2. When he confessed his love for her it was anticlimactic. She had no reaction to it. That whole scene was flat do to her not really reacting. 


What saved this book for me was

The women in science. 

The witty banter 

The crazy sidekick (BF malcom)

The issues leading up to possible stupid outcomes actually had great results (aka she lied to a friend and when said friend found out they didn’t get angry and blow up they became understandable) (unlike some other rom-com that make situations stupid by giving over the top reaction)


That’s not to say it was bad. I did give it four out of five stars. So I definitely had more good then bad but those two thing could have been done much better and bring it up to five stars in my opinion.


RO

Comments

  1. I have this on my TBR, and I'm hoping to get to it over the holidays. Great review!! (I'm having a bit of trouble reading your text on this blog post, my old eyes aren't what they used to be.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can't Wait Wednesdays: Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo

BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY : BEFORE PITTSBURGH BY KASIE WHITENER

Sunday Salon- More Hot Weather and More House Reno's