Two Girls Read The Mortal Instruments: Book 4 City Of Fallen Angels


We've made it through book four. This is the last book I have read in this series so everything from here on is new to me. I am excited...I think ...LOL...anyway...on to our thoughts

TEE'S THOUGHTS

I will start out with two thoughts... I now remember why I stopped reading these books...I was mad at Cassandra Clare for stringing us along ( I am not going to say why, but it has to do with the ending ). I felt that she was leaking me for money...I mean, we all know this series could have ended with the City Of Glass and it would have wrapped up just fine...BUT NOOOOOO.

The second one is...It took forever to get to the twist and climax of this book. SLOW READING. 

I know, I don't like Simon. I mean I don't hate him, but I don't want to read 3/4 of a book about him. He as a secondary character is plenty, but ...it was just too much for me haha. No matter how much Clare writes and try to convince me that Simon is now a hot vampire and a Player...it won't happen. He will always be the nerdy best friend who has no life...Sorry, Simon lovers. But it was pretty cool when he started turning people into salt. OHHHH and he attacked Maureen and feed on her...soooo...he just broke all his kosher rules.

If I were Jace and Clary, I would attempt my making out away from anywhere Isabelle is because she always breaks them apart. Ok, I understand...they need someone to break them up, this is PG 13. Can someone write us a spicy version?  I was all for the one scene when Jace realized he couldn't stay away from Clary ( you know...bad dreams of him killing her, or hurting her I can't remember) and he throws her up against an alley wall...Hello, I could go for some Nelphium sex...especially if Jace is involved.
 I felt like a frustrated teenager just reading it!

Finally, Magnus and Alec come back from their Grand Tour or as I call it...the " we are finally out and together " honeymoon, but as soon as they do, he and Alec get into a big fight over Magnus's past love life, apparently, he was a man whore, which I can see. Once again Alec forgets that there is something important going on...like, let's say, saving some fellow Shadowhunters to find out more about Magnus's sex life from Magnus's ex-girlfriend. He's is such a Princess.

Jace is still so dang cute with his narcissism ...

" Nice " Clary grinned bending down to fold up the blanket they'd brought to sit on " You're just worried they'll hire a male instructor and he'll be hotter than you"
Jace's eyebrows went up " Hotter than me?"
" It could happen, " Clary said " You know theoretically "
" Theoretically the planet could suddenly crack in half leaving me on one side and you on the other side, forever and tragically parted, but I am not worried about that either. Some things" Jace said with his customary crooked smile " are just too unlikely to dwell upon "

I do like Simon's new wolfie roommate Kyle or Jordan, whatever his name is. 

Clary is again doing whatever she damn well pleases after she keeps the dead demon babies clothes, or blanket, some sort of material that a warlock told her to take to the Silent Brothers, so we know that won't turn out well. When will she ever learn? Then also...they have to have the Silent Brothers do some kind of baby hocus pocus on Jace to get rid of his dreams, which he is having BECAUSE OF CLARY.

Clary and Jace start talking about Shadowhunter marriage rituals ( rolls eyes ) and then Jace starts getting kinky with some knife play cutting Clary's arm...we wish...we all know it is PG 13, but he did cut her arm with a knife so now he knows he will actually hurt her. ( I like my mind's version better, Ro could put my version in her Thirsty Thursday posts ) 

Lilith appears, you know her right? Adam's first wife before he married Eve and they sinned royally by being hungry for fruit? Read the Book of Nod if you don't. She has Seb...told you he wasn't dead. Well, he is, she has him pickled and floating in some water casket trying to bring him back to life, and only Simon can do this. Simon drinks ...well I will not tell you all that and ruin it, but FINALLY, Clary admits that something is her fault over this little moment.

K...then in a guaranteed way to get your money...Cassandra Clare leaves you with the biggest cliffhanger of the series so far. Ugh if I hadn't promised to finish this series by December I'd put it down again.


Ro has decided not to share her thoughts with us about the book...giving you a pretty good idea of how she felt about it! Haha

See you next month!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can't Wait Wednesdays: Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo

Sunday Salon- More Hot Weather and More House Reno's

BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY : BEFORE PITTSBURGH BY KASIE WHITENER