Two Girls Read The Mortal Instruments: Book 5 City Of Lost Souls


 GOODREADS SUMMARY:

What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.

OUR THOUGHTS:

Ok. Wow. This book certainly redeemed the story which was running a bit slow for me. So let's get into it...

This month we are doing something a bit differently. I mean...I can continue to tell you how great Jace is, and Ro can tell you how irritating Clary is because both these things still are true for us, but this book we discussed together, and I am just posting our conversation.

Far from a review, it is our true feelings while we talk, so we thought this would be much more interesting!


T: Poor Alec. I mean I know he did wrong but...

R: Mind Blown.
No, I felt sorry for him, but I didn't see the vampire take over coming.

T: Ohhhh good ending

R: Did you like that ending?

T: Yea I did, but oh I have questions. What did you think of it?

R: So I think it was a little cheesy, but I know this is back then when writing was kind of cheesy and everything had to have a happy happy ending so I can't judge it on that really.

T: Ohhh you mean Jace and Clary
Yeah pfft he should have told her to go to hell- bitch killed him.
And now there is this reason we can't have sex again- heavy eye roll.

R: Yes I was mostly focused on them because I know you love Jace but like the other parts of it...Oh, I thought was good. I didn't see it so much as a cliffhanger though but I don't know, I might be missing something.

T: Well Maryse has a pair of angel wings that have def been cut from someone's back with a note from Seb that says " I'm coming " that is a bit of a cliffhanger...

R: I feel like we know whose they are, I just can't think of his name so I don't feel like it is much of a cliffhanger, because you know it was coming. I feel like in each book they defeat a bad guy only to get a new bad guy so she could have another buck. Those are not big cliffhangers

T: Well no I did say a bit of a cliffhanger. We know it is Seb but why isn't he dead? Wasn't that binding spell - you kill one you kill the other? Clary killed Jace- Seb should be dead.
I have always said this entire series could have ended with book 3 and I still stand by that.

R: Well I don't know if she really killed him. I mean I know she stabbed him with the things that put the heavenly fire in him so it burned away that ...whatever the demon curse was. So maybe since it burned the curse away before Jace died, neither one of them died?
I totally agree there is really no reason for Cassandra Clare to keep writing these books, other than damn Alec and Magnus, because man was I pissed that Magnus broke up with Alec.
But truthfully she could have written a novella out of that and I would have just read the shit out of the novella.

T: I can not believe he broke up with Alec. Magnus was so cute when he said " Did you see that shot? That was my boyfriend" - LOL

R: I know I had the biggest smile on my face during that part and then when he broke up with him I was like... this doesn't even make sense there is no reason for it at all.

T: I KNOW! He wasn't even listening to what Alec had to say to him- just Nope we are done doesn't even matter that I love you.

R: Yeah I feel like it was just a filler, like stuff to stuff the pages with, and then something will happen in the next book that will fall back to this because it is a long book

T: That next book is a killer for me. These books are so much longer than what I usually read and the next one looks like a fricken dictionary.

R: Maybe it is good we finished early so we can start the next one early

T: it is 725 pages. This crap better be good

R: The only way it is going to be good in my book is if Magnus and Alec get back together. That is all I care about right now.

T: I know!!
It has 25 chapters I will read one a day LOL

R: Truthfully I am not even interested in the back story anymore. I am invested in these damn characters' love stories.

T: Hahaha- I mean they are going to have to kill Seb and all will be alright right? That is what I figure. Apparently, Jace and Clary will be grossly in love no matter what happens, that has been proven early on- so yeah, I am rooting for Alec now.

R: Do you think they will pull some bullshit where they break the curse so he is no longer evil and back to her good brother. Some kind of bullshit?

T: Oh Sebastian?

R: yeah

T: Has he even been good? Can he be good since he actually has demon blood in him instead of it being like a cursed thing?

R: Hmmm probably not, but it just seems like something she would try to do at this point.

T: Yeah, so they can just be a happy family. Luke and Jocelyn get married, Jocelyn can have both her kids in her life finally after all these years.

PS...Jace has the heavenly fire in him now and if he touches things...people...he will burn them...thanks Cassandra Clare for making it impossible for us to get some PDA going on.




See you in January for our wrap up of the series when we discuss City Of Heavenly Fire


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can't Wait Wednesdays: Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo

Sunday Salon- More Hot Weather and More House Reno's

BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY : BEFORE PITTSBURGH BY KASIE WHITENER