Book Review: A Certain Hunger by Chelsea G Summers


GOODREADS SUMMARY:
Food critic Dorothy Daniels loves what she does. Discerning, meticulous, and very, very smart, Dorothy's clear mastery of the culinary arts make it likely that she could, on any given night, whip up a more inspired dish than any one of the chefs she writes about. Dorothy loves sex as much as she loves food, and while she has struggled to find a long-term partner that can keep up with her, she makes the best of her single life, frequently traveling from Manhattan to Italy for a taste of both.

But there is something within Dorothy that's different from everyone else, and having suppressed it long enough, she starts to embrace what makes Dorothy uniquely, terrifyingly herself. Recounting her life from a seemingly idyllic farm-to-table childhood, the heights of her career, to the moment she plunges an ice pick into a man's neck on Fire Island, Dorothy Daniels show us what happens when a woman finally embraces her superiority.

TEE'S THOUGHTS:

If you like Gore, you will love a Certain Hunger by Chelsea G Summers. It's the tale of Dorthy Daniels, a food critic who loves food, sex, and killing her lovers. Don't mistake her for a serial killer though that would be gauche, she does love taking home a souvenir from her lovers, a heart there, maybe a liver...murdering does make one hungry after all.

The author's imagination is full-on brilliant and her writing is clever as she takes us on a ride from Dorothy's first kill to her final one, you will even learn a few things along the way... like how to kill an animal so it is kosher. She spares us no details, so if you are triggered by murder or gore, this is not the story for you. Guys this book is very well written and it will keep you entertained, and I will admit, appalled at the same time. To be honest, if I had known what it was about I probably would not have picked it up to read, but I am so glad I did. I would have hated missing all the satire that fills the pages. OK. For real. I would have been all over this book even if I did know what it was about. I love quirk, I love B-list horror movies, and this would be the most perfect one, and I also love reading about women with questionable actions. But mostly, I loved that the author wrote so well that she made me forget I had any morals whatsoever and had me actually loving a cannibal.

" 'Eat what you love,' they say, and I have......"


Think Julia Childs meets Jeffrey Dalmer,  and tell Patrick Bateman to move over, there is a new psycho in town and her name is Dorthy Daniels.




Comments

  1. Would it be too much if I say this book sounds... delicious? 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a great premise to have a food critic eat her lovers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can't Wait Wednesdays: Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo

Sunday Salon- More Hot Weather and More House Reno's

Sunday Salon: Diningroom is finished!