The Sunday Salon: It's Been Awhile





 The Sunday Salon is hosted by Readerbuzz



Hey guys... it's been a while... a year I think!



And I have so missed all of y'all. Things have been so busy here. My husband and I took over guardianship of our 6-year-old grandson for a year or so, and we have had to learn to have a child in our house again. But it has been great fun and I can honestly say I have read loads of children's books recently, more so than adults haha. He is back in school now so I have some time to myself, however, I am still trying to get my house in order after all the moving and rearranging, etc of someone moving in.


My reading has undoubtedly slowed down, I am actually learning to love audiobooks so I can get my reading in a while doing all the things I need to do during the day. At the moment I am listening to The Holiday Swap by Maggie Knox, having just finished up an ARC of The Lindbergh Nanny. 


On my kindle, which is always slower reading as I only read it at night ( recently it is even slower because I fall right to sleep LOL ) I am reading the Thriller Soulmate by Sally Hepworth. This is a NetGalley ARC and so far is really good. It is releasing in April of 2023



In general life, we just came off of the High Holidays ( Rosh Shanna... Yom Kippur..and so on ) but we were all sick within the month that they spanned and only made it to one service. We did manage to sneak off to a local pumpkin patch this past Friday for a bit of fun...








I am so glad to be back and connecting with everyone again, I have missed the commenting back and forth. I will see you again next Sunday, until then happy reading and happy life x





Comments

  1. Having a child in the house again sounds very exhausting. He looks very sweet.

    best…mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many changes to have a child living in the house again - I can see where it would impact your free time. Hopefully, you'll be able to find a schedule that works for all of you and doesn't make you exhausted! :) I have the Hepworth ARC too but haven't started it yet. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the visit
    Terrie @ Bookshelf JOurneys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a change in your household with a kids full time, not returnable to parents at the end of the day. I hope you have extra fun with Halloween this year seeing it through kids eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That has to be an adjustment, but young children bring so much life into a home. I'm glad it is going well for you, and I hope you soon have a little more time for blogging.

    Audiobooks are always a great way to get some reading in while completing other activities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to request the Soulmate but I already have so many ebooks to read. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can't Wait Wednesdays: Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo

Sunday Salon- More Hot Weather and More House Reno's

Sunday Salon: Diningroom is finished!